Monday, November 1, 2010

To win, you've got to put the ball in the macramé...

I have a pretty good life...I am keenly aware of this because of one of my most irrational fears...what happens if I end up with someone who has an unhealthy sports obsession...ala Fever Pitch level obsession. Well low and behold... I couldn't possibly have found a nice guy who is a fan of the Memphis Grizzlies with their lovely blue on blue color scheme or even the Celtics- I could easily work pink in with the green and white and have a very preppy decor...Oh no- I fall for The Laker Fan...purple and gold-Oh my!

Seriously purple and gold! how do you work with that???
my worst nightmare!!!

Well turns out love not only conquers all but it can inspire too. I have made peace with the purple and gold so should I end up having to live in an homage to the Lakers I think I can pull it off without compromising my own principles of style...
and yes- I do count non-laker shades of purple as working!

Even if I do need to stick with the true team colors...I think I could be OK with it...
It has me so inspired that I even think I can show his team spirit on my dining table...
Even Planet Hollywood has embraced the champions with the Laker theme in one of their suites

So yes...I have a good life that these are the things I worry about and that might make me shallow but let it remind you that you can find inspiration anywhere...and that loving someone means loving all of them...even if it is purple and gold!

Plus- tip for Brown Eyed Girls...guess what color makes your eyes look best??? PURPLE!

Photos: Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Real Simple, House and Home, Gossip Girl, Lux Design, PaulaGraceDesign, Planet Hollywood, Simply Stunning, Almay

No comments: