Friday, November 26, 2010

Birds of a feather...

There is something about Thanksgiving that stirs a desire within me to go live in a Ralph Lauren ad.The combination of the autumnal colors, the chilly mornings that beckon boots and sweaters, the sweet and savory smells, the thankfulness in everyone's hearts and the emergence of feathers as part of decor just make me happy and cozy!
This year I spent Thanksgiving with my sister and brother-in-law and their new little turkey and I have to admit I was really excited to use their wedding china...unlike me they are quite the outdoorsy sort ( I am more the cocktails on a patio type of outdoorsy) so when they chose their china and selected the Spode Woodland pattern my first thought was: I can't wait to have Thanksgiving on these plates! With each plate having a different woodland creature on it it is a bit of a game to clean your plate and see what yours is..good way to get a little one to clean their plate!

While I am not the hunting sort of girl (I am a good shot however) I am the pheasant feather decor kind of girl!
Feathers a a perfectly good alternative to greenery for the holidays...no watering, no needles falling off
a stylish feather adorned wreath can take you from Thanksgiving straight through the holidays

I have to admit I am also really loving the idea of donning some feather accessories for a little Black Friday action...
or might turn it up a notch and go high fashion with some very chic feathers, compliments of Sir Salvatore Ferragamo and Ralph Lauren
works for Carrie...works for me!



For all you crazy birds out there flocking to the early morning sales I wish you luck on your Black Friday adventures!

photos:Etsy, Elle, Sex and the City, Ferragamo, Ralph Lauren, HouseandHome, Spode










No comments: