Saturday, November 27, 2010

ABC easy as 123...







Somewhere between feeling like I am in a bit of a catch 22 situation with my life and hanging ABC's on my nephew's wall I have gotten obsessed with the simplistic beauty that is numbers and letters...I'm not talking about paragraphs or sentences- or even words for that matter... Just the graphic beauty of a single character.





For my lovie little nephew I used these great kind of mod colorful ABC's that I found at the VA museum of fine art- each letter is an animal- so no xylophones in his nursery! I have said it before but will harp on it a little more- I love using chic educational things for kids in their rooms...it is never too early to start inspiring...
























I have to toot my own horn because the one thing I love about the cards I used are that they can come off the wall and he can play with them (after very many minutes in the trim section of Home Depot I found some cool weatherstripping material to act as a very narrow ledge for the cards to rest in.)
But letters and numbers aren't just a great art piece for a nursery, they make a graphic statement in other areas of you home as well as being conversation pieces...











If you have a front porch I love putting a bench on it and using graphic number pillows as your house numbers











Use numbers for art and let them have a hidden meaning...something special to you and your family like special dates or lucky numbers...












add numbers to items you use everyday add a feeling of whimsy and organization at that same time.

Sometimes words are just too much to deal with so find a single letter that speaks to you...






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: