Thursday, November 11, 2010

pulling on the thread that unravels the whole sweater...


Did you notice that once you make one change suddenly everything else starts to look old and tired? How if you paint one room you start to notice the scratches on the hallway wall or if you get a new faucet then the light fixture looks dated...I refer to it as pulling the thread.



I work with customers everyday that have some aspect of their house that they hate (normally brass hardware) and that one thing tends to then dictate the finish of other things and it isn't the finish they want to use. You know- the grass is always greener! And it is hard to make the shift to satin nickel or bronze when you have polished brass and lets face it times are hard...you don't want to make the switch all at once. But finally there is a solution!

Last lighting market there were 2 new finishes that started popping up in showrooms that I loved, Rustic and WinterGold. They are cool combination finishes







These pictures don't really do them any justice at all...you just have to trust me on this one. Rustic is not quite bronze as it has more depth to it than a true oil rubbed bronze with highlights that make it work perfectly with brass hardware you might not be able to get rid of just yet. WinterGold is not silver and not gold but somehow both at once... it is a lovely romantic fresh finish.



Back to market, I fell in love with these finishes, especially since they are not in the crazy expensive lines only! I bought some pieces, you know a kind of dipping my toe in, and I love them, my customers love them so I felt I needed to share the love!


So if you are looking for a way to dip you toe in and start the transition to changing finishes, these are a great transitional finish option. And the feedback I am getting from my customers- they love them even more when they get them home!











photos: Capital Lighting Fixture

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: