Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Edna...


Today is my Great Aunt Edna's 96th birthday. She is a remarkable lady who has lived a long and interesting life. I am pretty sure she is the one I inherited my artsy crafty side from. I have a dress that she sewed probably 50 years ago and it is the most remarkable needlework;last weekend I listened to my Mom and Aunt calling dibs on her art work she created (our family has a bit of a tradition of calling dibs on stuff). So on her birthday I can't help but think about crafting but I also think of my two other favorite Ednas. And they are what inspired my crafty subject...who knew eyeglasses made such chic lighting?

This one uses the frames and all to give it some color variance 

This one uses only the lenses to give a crystal like effect

I love this one! I think it would be fabulous over a kitchen table in a bachelor's apartment

So before you pitch your old prescription give it a thought... find a new use or give them to a crafty person to give them new life!

photos: SMH, HomeWorkShop, TheOpticalVisionShop, MyModernMet





No comments: