Tuesday, November 30, 2010

just doing some window shopping...

Holding a degree in visual merchandising I have a certain fondness for this time of year...Holiday window season! In the world of visual merchandising the ultimate playing field  takes place this time each year on the tiny island of Manhattan in the windows of the worlds best department stores. Since I live a bit south in Virginia (where the windows are no where near as exciting) and from the power of Google I know most of you who read my blog (thanks by the way!) aren't in NYC either I thought I would share my favorite part of the year... and up first is the magical styling of Bergdorf Goodman
At the corner of 5th Avenue and 58th street resides a magical store everyone should visit! and ladies the shoes are up on the 5th floor with the bar!






The magical fantasy windows inspire a since of travel and glamor and I love the mix of modern, fantasy and classical elements  used in the windows.
add some sparkle to your life this holiday season! and it doesn't have to be on the tree...


It could be in your closet! No better time of year to don the sparkley apparel!

but no matter what this holiday season...
follow your heart!
xoxo

photos: examiner, Etsy, Nordstrom, Shoecrazed, Stylefiles



No comments: