Friday, October 29, 2010

Really President...

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning all in anticipation of what a cluster-jam my town is going to be today. In a last ditch effort to save the local democrat the president is coming to town, thus shutting down the majority of our downtown and causing a massive headache of traffic and confusion as everyone tries to figure out how to get from here to there without going through a metal detector. That tied with my general angst of seeing so many mud-slinging political commercials has left me feeling rather unpatriotic. So in an effort to rectify my mood I am trying to let the good old red white and blue inspire me today instead of angering me...
Floors are often over looked as a place to personalize but painted floors are a dramatic statement and can become apiece of art where you least expect it.
The gorgeous wedge-wood blue is really set off by the crisp white trim  and the combination make the red light fixtures the main focal point of the whole room
Love the touch of history and nostalgia that the old flag adds...you can just imagine what that flag has been through to be so sheer and thread bare

Aghhhh...feeling better already. While I may not care too much about politics, our fair country does have a wealth of inspiration to draw upon.... happy Friday!






No comments: