Sunday, October 31, 2010

Look into my Crystal Ball...

Happy Halloween! Continuing on my love of gypsies, it is time to focus on their most famous accessory...the crystal ball! So I don't believe in the power of a crystal ball to tell me my future or what my soul mate looks like or even when I will die. However, I do believe in incorporating them into your home decor. Stacked Crystal ball lamps have been around for awhile and are everywhere- mostly because they go with anything! A little sparkle go a long way and it doesn't  have to come from cut crystal. No matter what your style there is a crystal ball just waiting to find its way into your home!

Crystal balls dangling from a chandelier, while having Victorian roots, are making a huge come back as a fresher approach to the traditional crystal chandelier. I personally love the George from Visual Comfort, it is so heavy because it is solid! To me it is the ultimate chandelier- it comes in a variety of sizes and it has no finish so it goes with anything!

Sconces are also a great place to channel your inner gypsy. From the traditional to extremely contemporary there is an option for every interior.

Barbara Berry is rolling out her new accessory line with Global Views and I am very tempted to let the crystal ball find a home on my book self... I love the little legs...looks like it could come to life and crawl away. 

PS...this necklace made a stunning appearance on Gossip Girl this week! 
And if those don't strike your fancy how can you possibly say no to a string of crystal balls from style guru Michael Kors..


And yes this was on last season's Gossip Girl Finale...another reason to love Chuck Bass!
And while I did say I didn't believe you could see the future in a crystal ball, I sure wouldn't say no to Harry Winston...






Photos:Daily Babel, Robert Abbey, Visual Comfort, Global Views, LBL Lighting, Artemide, Michael Kors, Kiss the Ring New York

No comments: