Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Let me save you $19.95...

I watched my first episode of Sex and the City with my mother...through the mortification of the word sex spoken so many times in the presence of my mother I fell in love with the show- the characters, the fashion, the city. While I am a self proclaimed avid fan of Sex and the City, even I can't deny that the second movie was a bust...it has a way too far fetched plot line and not nearly enough scenes with Mr. Big. So here, all on one page, is the best part of the movie...Carrie and Big's apartment.



The blue velvet sofa from Montauk anchors the living room and makes a awfully stunning backdrop to Big and his Wall Street Journal.

Gorgeous Blue tiles from Ann Sacks set the tone for never cooked in kitchen.
The upholstered headboard makes a statement in Kravet  fabric and adds a touch of color to the neutral palette.







The blue drapes pop against the neutral stripe Rococo wallpaper from Cole and Sons (one of my all time favorite wallpaper lines!) And to top it all off the Hallings Secretary by Hickory Chair is one of my favorite pieces especially done in the contrasting finishes.


And  it could not be  Sex and the City without Carrie's closet making an appearance and this one  tops them all!




And of course Carrie's single girl apartment made a reappearance with it's gorgeous grown up stylings and fresh blue paint from the first movie but with a pop purple added to keep it current with today's trends.





But what I love most about Big and Carrie's married life apartment is the  thread of blue that  runs through the entire apartment from upholstery to tile it is in every room as a subtle nod  to the shoe that helped them get down the aisle.


Photos: Sex and the City movie 1 and 2

No comments: