Friday, October 22, 2010

Girl by my own heart...

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday...while some families have in-laws and some have out-laws all I can say is that she is a girl by my own heart. She makes a mean sausage cheese muffin- that alone is reason enough for my brother to have married her but more than that she is an amazing mother and has amazing style. She has a confidence and boldness with her decorating that she doesn't apologize for and for that I am in awe of her! In a conservative southern state where people often play it safe she splashed her walls with hot pink and created the most chic and cozy living room and she did it before it was in all the magazines. And no you don't sit in the room and think about being in a pink room- it just works in a way that there are not words for. Plus it works with every season- the sparkles of Christmas send it over the top and the fresh flowers of spring look like they belong in there!
The only draw back to a peony pink living room when you have a house full of girls is that it is extraordinarily easy to loose Barbie's shoes ...

And speaking of shoes... she is such a cool mom that I am pretty sure, had they hit US soil in time, she would have let my nieces rock Lelli Kelly sneakers (that even at 30 I really want!)





photos: Houzz, Graham&Brown, Mattel, Lelli Kelly

No comments: