Monday, October 25, 2010

Naked versus Laundry...

Mark Twain once said: "Clothes make the man, naked people have little or no influence on society." While I feel his theory doesn't exactly hold up today's perverted society it does inspire me to do my laundry. There are chores I loath- one is going to the grocery store the other is laundry. I truly would rather buy new clothes than do laundry; but since my new years resolution was to not buy new clothes and I have made it this far I guess I should get myself in gear and do some laundry.
I have tried to enjoy laundry more by using the designer laundry products. I whole heartedly love Beach Days by the Good Home Company- it smells just like the beach- I even use the vacuum cleaner beads (somehow those do actually inspire me to vacuum) I have also been known to use the Pure Grass laundry products. I don't know how these ladies do it but they bottled the smell of fresh cut grass. I have also had a breif love affair with LeBlanc Linen wash. It is, as far as I am concerned, the only product to wash your delicates in. Plus if you actually have a linen tablecloth- this stuff is a miracle worker for food and wine stains. The only draw back to these lovely civilized products...$$$ they are like a crack for a domestic diva. They will bleed you dry because once you sleep on sheets that smell like the ocean (or at least how I think the ocean should smell) how can you ever go back to All???

Love the hidden washer!
And yet their allure has worn off...I still hate doing laundry..time to start dreaming bigger... My dream laundry room. There are so many things to factor into such a small space...To hide the washer or not...Wallpaper or tile the back splash??? no matter what a stylish light fixture is a must- no linear fluorescents for me!


Small spaces are a great place to go bold with wallpaper!
Why stop with the wallpaper...go bold on the washer!
these cabinets hide the washer and dryer so much you could stick them in the kitchen and not know they were there!
Modern cabinets to match the modern washer and dryer...Yes Please!

Photos: Canadian Home, HGTV, Washington Post, The Good Home Company, LeBlanc Linen Wash, LG, LA Times 

No comments: