Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fog is rolling in...

I was up early again this morning...well not as early as I hoped so instead of making the drive south in the early morning darkness I got the pleasure of driving through eerie but beautiful fog for the majority of my 4 hour drive down to High Point. Let me just go ahead and put it out there that this whirl wind trip to market was a mission...I was desperate to find some lighting fixtures for a client so I didn't get to do a real "scout the trends" of the furniture showrooms. The vast majority of my day was spend wondering up and down the halls and stairs of the accessory showrooms. 

The funny thing was as I got to market the sun came out and it ended up being a beautiful day however as soon as I entered the main building the fog seemed to have rolled back in and taken over all the showrooms! Every direction I looked I found fog tones with muted greens, browns and purples. From ethereal flowing textures like the pendant shown here that was made of silk blossoms, to rugged white and grey washed woods the muted tones were everywhere. 

And combined with these gorgeous "greige" tones (yes I made that word up but I think it works!) was the most beautiful array of purples! From very light subtle purples that almost look grey to deep rich purples- they were everywhere! I loved the selection of lamps that Arteriors had in the purple tones!

When I got to the second floor of Oly's showroom I literally stopped in my tracks because they had created the foggy bedroom of my dreams...and frankly by that point I was ready to jump in that bed for a nap! The picture (very bottom) really doesn't capture the subtle purple used but trust me it is there!

        I will admit I have not always been the biggest fan of the color purple ( the actual color not the play) but today I became a believer! Purple has so much depth and variety to it! All in the same showroom I witnessed purple to add whimsy while on the opposite wall it was sexy and mysterious.  And while I doubt you will catch me buying purple paint any time soon you can be sure I am going to be be snatching up some purple accessories or linens!


No comments: