Monday, February 14, 2011

Today is Valentine's Day...Or as men call it, Extortion Day!

I'm not going to refuse roses  but I prefer peonies,  I will not snub a box of chocolates  but I think Easter has the best candy of all commercialized holidays, I never ever turn down jewelry or being told I am loved so while not my favorite holiday,  I can't say I hate Valentine's day- mostly because it is the one day a year that I get a free pass on LOVING the color pink! And yes I know most people go red on the dreaded V-day but I prefer to soften it and go pink- I think pink should become the official Valentine's day color! It is softer, more romantic, more people can wear pink (it goes with more skin tones) plus in the gloom of February pink is a much more perky color than red- it gives a hint of hope for Spring to come soon. And clearly I am not alone...House Beautiful dubbed their March issue- (on stands just in time for the big V-day) The Power of Pink! and I agree whole heartedly with their description: "It's warm, Flattering, sexy and men love it!" and they are right if you leave out the actual word pink most men love the color (haha guys- your secret is out). I absolutely encourage everyone to pick up a copy of this issue- it is one of the best they have had in awhile but here are some of my faves from it:








They even did the shopping for me! These are my fave finds of their fabulous 50 pink finds:
Unsightly cords no more! no need to hide the cord if it is pink!

my closet is screaming for these hangers! although I am pretty sure I could spray paint some ikea ones for far cheaper!

Gotta love Hickory Chair! only an American Manufacturer can get you a custom pink chair!

Well- if you plan on doing some back stabbing or butchering today why not go festive!


But seriously it is the day of love and I love pink- stop being so afraid of it and stop throwing all sorts of labels and preconceived ideas about the color around- there is truly a shade out there for everyone and for every home!
From Bold to Subtle
and everything in between...

So Happy Pink Day! 
xoxo




No comments: