Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Necessity is the mother of all invention...




So I thought I had finished this nursery weeks ago, way before its new occupant had arrived...but we all know it takes living in a space to really know what you need. But low and behold- what do you get when you take one cute nursery....



add in cute colorful(and education touches)...


you get room not only fit for a prince but also a room that the hairiest member of the family loves...


Sweet Bear the dog loves the nursery and the overflow of stuffed animals was proving to be just a bit too temping to him...so I just couldn't bear (sorry for the pun...) the thought of one of those natty hammock things getting hung up- I mean they are super helpful but I just don't like them ( the stuffed animals look super creepy the way they get mashed into the holes) and was determined to find a better solution- so after an inspiring trip to IKEA, where I couldn't find anything Bear proof off the shelf I did find everything I needed to make my own!


hung just high enough to stay safely out of Bear's mouth but also at the perfect height for baby to gaze at his friends from his crib... but most importantly...


it is hung with a whimsical homage to Bear!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: