Thursday, February 24, 2011

hope: verb. to cherish a desire with anticipation

I find it fitting that the color most often used to symbolize hope is yellow...I have been hoping with my whole heart that spring is coming soon and we are past winter's harsh grasp. And despite Monday night's snow in DC, I got my first sign of hope yesterday...in the form of blooming Jasmine cascading down a front wall.
 In your home yellow can help lend a sense of happiness and cheerfulness while softer more buttery shades give a more calming happy feel.





And leave it to mother nature to give us yellow's perfect partner...green. Green is a secondary color smooshed in-between yellow and blue on the color wheel; this gives green a unique characteristic of taking the calming qualities of blue while still holding onto the energy of yellow. Being analogous colors (next to each other on the wheel) they go really well together and are an easy combination for color harmony.


  

No comments: