Monday, June 27, 2011

this is a clever little pig....

I had full intentions of blowing right on past June 26th's color...
Raw Sienna (Pantone 17-1436), it is the color of a brick and frankly I was too busy yesterday, out gallivanting in the city to be inspired by Raw Sienna...except I spent a better part of my day actually surrounded by it! DC is a fantastic walking city- we who are lucky enough to live here tend to take the city for granted, but yesterday I played tourist and spend the day on the mall wandering around the Smithsonian's when right in front of me it hit me...
That oh so uninspiring shade of Raw Sienna is a perfect match to the bricks!
Then I looked at the descriptors: Feisty and Adventurous- perfect descriptors for a Sunday Funday too! Raw Sienna increases your resilience and helps dissolve old wounds...what a perfect color to house our old artifacts!

Bricks are a an amazing tool and a fantastic toy...you can make anything your imagination can create out of bricks and no wolf can destroy it!
And I can't think of bricks without my mind immediately slipping back to childhood and Lego Bricks...did you know that when they were introduced in 1949, they had a very poor reception because people did not like the idea of plastic toys! imagine that now! If the original creators could only see now how far their little plastic bricks have come...
Lego counter...what a fun and colorful way to bring a kitchen to life!



Lego bases for the chairs...I don't know what would be more fun, making them or decorating with them!
bye bye boring conference table- hello conversation piece!



CEO desk out of black legos...chic and whimsical- a hard combination to pull off...but it works
now this guy took his obsession a bit far....
by building a life size Lego house!
I wonder if you need a building permit for that???





No comments: