Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to me...

Seriously...Golden Apricot is my birthday color!!??!!  what a rip off! I always thought myself more the Shelby of Steel Magnolias type..."Pink is my signature color."

So here goes nothing..let's see what Golden Apricot has to offer me...
Pantone 14-1041 (well none of those are my lucky numbers...)

Influential
Methodical
Lively...Ok I can stretch and see this a little

According to Colorstrology... being born today means:
I notice opportunity and am always ready for something new and exciting (ok- I'll give her that one). I am quick on my feet, and people naturally like me (hmmm- most of my best friends say they were afraid of me before we became friends...) I am usually found with a smile on my face, no matter how hard I'm working (Well these days that is true and certainly something I am willing to work towards making true about me.) I have a way with finances (Oh do I ever! haha!! she is good!)

By wearing and surrounding myself with Golden apricot it will help remind me to keep things fresh and not get stuck in old ideas, habits or relationships... sounds good- but really Golden Apricot! I will admit this color has proven to be my greatest challenge...
I like this earthy kind of flatware- especially if I can fill it very full with cereal and milk and and drink the sugary milk after the cereal is gone

Not horrid- kind of chic modern bohemian

I do love a good day bed...and velvet!

I will never ever do a 100% solid on a big piece of upholstery- little flecks of another color (like Golden Apricot) give this fabric some depth and dimension without being disruptive or jarring

those look yummy!

I do love tulips...

Seriously- that's all I had...Until I realized one of my favorite things on earth is MY signature color!!!!
That's right! The widow is my signature color!!!
And what a better thing to have as my signature!
Oh the Widow Clicquot...not exactly a looker, but Barbe-Nicole (Ponsardin) Clicquot was an amazing woman... how many widows today would take on the passionate whim of their deceased husband and turn it into not just a premier champagne house, but pioneer the way the world would make and drink champagne?  This strong willed woman lead the helm and forged the way for many a French man and turned a failing wine operation into what is now an over 400 million Euro a year empire! 
Way to kick ass Barbe-Nicole!
So yes- I will wear and surround myself with Golden Apricot...
I'll fill myself up with it!


Cheers!

Along the Veuve line... check out Elle's Champagne Update


No comments: