Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm a Gemini, so I change my mind every day...

I'm not a wacky horoscope person but I was born squarely in the middle of the Gemini sign...
When I Googled Gemini characteristics here is what I found: "Some might say Gemini are an entanglement of paradoxes, but the truth is that Gemini have an easy acceptance of opposites. Gemini world is one of duality. Gemini can like this and that, one thing and its opposite."
I find that to be me exactly! One look at my ipod, my closet or even just the inside of my purse and a person can easily tell that I am "and entanglement of paradoxes"


Maybe is was the fabulous paradox of growing up with 4 parents instead of 2- I truly had the best of two worlds...simple small town life with mom and cool suburban life with my dad... or maybe it was just the sign I was born under but either way I have grown into a woman that has eclectic and sometime opposing tastes...
My inner preppy girl loves a good pair of needlepoint shoes while sitting pool side sipping a lovely chic cocktail...and wearing pearls of course!
However that girl sometimes gets pulled astray...
by my 21 year old self that bummed around Paris in pink pumas.... that believes in the power of denim, rock and roll and can't live without coffee (and lots of it)

but I think I have finally found my match...
Robert Verdi...and it's not the hot pink turtleneck that tipped the scale for me.
He too apparently shares my trait of being "an entanglement of paradoxes" and he has the $$$ to pull it off...
He took some of his favorite scarves from his Hermes collection to Vans Sneakers and had them create custom sneakers for him out of them...I think this my be a dream come true for me! Classic elegance of Hermes wrapped around the urban street chic of a skateboarding cult favorite!







And since they are one of kind I'm hopping that Robert has strangely small feet for such a tall man...



No comments: