Monday, January 3, 2011

a dose of sensibility...

I was being lazy watching Sense and Sensibility, I haven't watched it in ages and i don't know why- it is a gorgeous movie- plus I love how young Hugh Grant was in it! It reminded me of how elegant and civilized we humans used to be...yet still today the same issues of love, money and priorities still plague us all...just not in such a hushed sensible manner.
There is one scene in particular that caught my attention; Marianne is drawing a silhouette of her sweetheart Willoughby by candle light...  now there is nothing new about silhouettes but I guess I have a new appreciation for them.
To me silhouettes are a wonderfully charming balance of old tradition and clean crisp modern lines. A classic way to capture a moment and turn it into a modern piece of art. And apparently I am not the only one loving silhouettes these days...
















photos:Anthropologie, Country Living, Etsy, Occasional Enthusiast, BlackApple, CasaSugar, West Elm

No comments: