Monday, January 3, 2011

Can you really find it in a cookie?

I am a sucker for a fortune cookie...it is my absolute favorite part of eating Chinese food. I never really get anything good and certainly never get double fortunes but yet I crack into each one with the hope and excitement that it might say something interesting...the best I have gotten recently is: There are no stupid questions, just stupid answer.(and oh yes- it said answer not answers). There is something about the hidden message that makes me smile and reminds me of when I was a child. One summer, my mom had a portrait painted of my sister and I, I loved the whole experience- it was the coolest artist- she showed me how when she was painting she would add words into the painting that she was feeling at the moment...ever since then I have always loved things with hidden messages...so naturally I fell in love with the new collection of pendants by Rich Brilliant Willing...

they have hidden messages debossed on them! The Bright Side Lights is a collection of 3 pendants that can be hung as pendants or laid on their sides and used as a lamp (use a silver crown bulb to reduce glare if you do this)


even without their clever messages they are super chic with their minimal elegance
and to further my love for these...the press photo they are using features one of my all time favorite tables...Atilla the Gnome!
and Atilla has a friend too! (you can get them at LaDiff)
I personally am still holding out for the black version! *donations welcome to help me adopt him


photos:Artecnica, LaDiff

No comments: