Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away...

I tumbled across this image this morning, this grey cold rainy gross morning. Some of you reading may know, but I studied in Paris when I was in college- it seems like a thousand years ago but still yesterday in so many ways... at the ripe age of 21 it was the biggest adventure of my life, it was before 9-11 so I still lived in my rather naive bubble of life, it was before wireless internet was everywhere and you had to go to internet cafes, it was before international calling plans and cell phones that worked abroad so it meant buying phone cards and actually remembering people's phone numbers, it was before my parents used email so it called for actual letter writing (although I probably didn't), it was before digital cameras so I had to wait till I got home and got my film developed to see my memories, it was before Facebook so I actually had to show my friends my pictures. And on this rather blah and boring morning seeing this picture reminded me of what a freeing time it was in my life but it also reminded me of how romantic the city is, while I didn't fall in love with some chic Parisian hunk I did fall in love with the city, it is magical and is somewhere everyone should get lost at some point in their lives. This image is my happy place Pink Paris Springtime!
Pink is most often associated with not only baby girls but love and romance but pale pink also has a very calming effect. Sometimes called, Drunk-Tank Pink, it is used in prisons to help calm the inmates, it is used in sports facilities in the visiting team locker room to subliminally lull the opposing team into a passive and less energetic mood.
Yes- I am biased, pink has been my favorite color since I can remember, it has wavered among the different hues but always pink! And just like House Beautiful just blazed across their cover it is the perfect color!
Pale Pink is the perfect neutral compliment for a calming, soft, romantic spaces. It works wonderfully with whites and creams but yet at the same time it helps browns, natural linens and gorgeous wood tones shine creating a contrast that is not jarring or harsh. 

Aghh... all I can do on this dreary day is hope that all this rain will result in an amazing pink blast with the dogwoods burst open here!






No comments: