Thursday, March 17, 2011

bet you thought I'd write about green today...

So yeah- it's St. Patrick's day and it would seem only natural to go for Irish themed interiors (not sure what that would be- potatoes and leprechauns are pretty much what my mind goes to) or at the very least play off the green- either the color or the concept. But as my parents will attest- I was never really one to do what was expected. Instead today I draw inspiration on an old friend who just visited. When I met Ashby- with his guitar case in tow- I instantly thought he was some lame nerd who was trying and woo my sister with a cheesy John Mayer act- but turns out he actually was pretty damn talented. So when he came east this week for a visit I had to hear at least one song. And it got me thinking...when you have a talent and passion like that you can't just leave it in a box or propped up in the corner...
Give it a home (and yes I know that is not a guitar) 

Hang your collection on the wall like art- some guitars are a work of art




display them and show them off like any other collection

but keep it handy for when inspiration strikes!

OK- so above the bed is a bit too John Mayer for me!

The gorgeous wood blends right in with this floating wall- it would also rock in a room with a classic Eames chair!


Cole and Son's Quartet Wallpaper has been a favorite for a long time but only really works for a talented music lover

And no, not a guitar but I love these drums re-purposed as tables- I can just imagine the husband that wouldn't let his drums go and then never touched them once he won the battle to keep them!

So no matter what your passion find a way to let it shine and make it part of your home and everyday life!

No comments: