Tuesday, December 28, 2010

When I grow up...

It isn't exactly graduation season but as a self proclaimed twi-heart I am feeling re-missed that i have not had a twilight-esq post recently...and since I just watched Eclipse (again) and I actually got a bit inspired by the graduation speech (yes for the record it has been almost a decade since my last graduation). So in the very wise words of Jessica:



“When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case… princess.
When we were ten, they asked again and we answered – rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we’ve grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how ’bout this: who the hell knows?!
This isn’t the time to make hard and fast decisions, its time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love – a lot. Major in philosophy ’cause there’s no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent.
So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be… we won’t have to guess. We’ll know.”
Well I never wanted to be a gold medalist but a princess- oh Yes! The mistakes part obviously spoke to me and contributed to yesterday's post but the figuring it out part is still rattling around in my brain and got me thinking about a job that I have always always wanted...Naming colors- not quite sure what the official job title is to look for openings but figured I would share a collection of my Favorite Color Names...
Crayola was what first inspired me to want to name colors with names like:
Asparagus
Beaver
Burnt Sienna- when I was 8 I thought that was the most sophisticated color!
Cerulean
Dandelion
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Inch Worm
Macaroni and Cheese
Piggy Pink
Unmellow Yellow
And as I grew up Opi helped continue my love affair with color names- turning every manicure into an adventure in finding the best named shade of pink:
I'm not really a waitress- every girl I know has had this on her toes at some point
Ladies & Magenta-men
Tickle My France-y
Who needs a Prince?
Holy Pink Pagoda!
My Chihuahua Bites!
Aphrodite's Pink Nightie
Suzi Sells Sushi by the Seashore
20 Candles on my Cake
Chop-sticking to my Story
And this little piggy
Dating a Royal

And while I still indulge in my nail polish names I have found a whole new world in paint chips:
Secret Rendezvous
At Home with Nature
Newborn's Eyes
Spoonful of Sugar
Lion Heart
Chic Lime
Icy Mom

So while I may not have found the posting on monster yet I am holding onto the childhood dream... and in the mean time will continue to live my life surrounded by vivid fabulously named colors!


No comments: