Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween's just an excuse for girls to dress like sluts...

So when I first heard that we had to dress up for a Halloween party this weekend I had fears of getting suckered into wearing something along the lines of a bunny costume...my bunny days are long gone! I didn't totally blow off my mom's suggestion of Marilyn Monroe but then which of her many men would the boyfriend be???


So after hours of scouring the internet for creative ideas and a visit to the Halloween store I presented him with a list of costumes I would be willing to wear. I tried to be creative including thing like going as Chrome and FireFox (for the record I thought this is what he would have chosen and was getting excited about buying silver leggings) or a bee and beekeeper(ala Martha Stewart), I was also secretly hopping we could do PeeWee and Dottie. But like any true Barbie fan I threw in Barbie and Ken because I am still obsessed with Barbie and because there is a hysterical Ken costume out this year. And what do you know... I have the best boyfriend ever because he has agreed to wear plastic hair and go as Ken! Now to convince my dear sweet sissy that she will never again wear that hot pink bridesmaid dress hanging in her closet- because really Barbie looks much better in her signature color of Pink! in fact who or what space doesn't look better with a pop of pink???
Boring facades are awoken with hot pink shutters


The other Queen of Pink! Betsy Johnson is a woman by my own heart!


Pops of pink work in every style and add a touch whimsy and romance at the same time


Kelly Wearstler is fearless when it comes to pink! 




Aghh, Pink!!!! Everything is better in Pink!
See Sissy- Barbie really needs a pink dress, not black! 
I have no fear of rocking the pink but here's hoping I can pull off being blonde for a night!


No comments: