Monday, September 19, 2011

When one door closes...

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us." -Alexander Graham Bell

Over the last two weeks I have cruised up and down the GW Parkway more than a few times and every time I hit the south side of Old Town Alexandria this adorable dance studio caught my eye... Adorable name, adorable clients but really what could be more chic than pink front doors?
I love a painted front door, and I am loving that people are branching out from the standards of black and red...
the transom window says it all! Loving the bubble gum pink!

Mediterranean blue sets the tone for a soothing home

Pale pink speaks to the southern elegance of this old charmer

I don't know if I like the color or the patina better on this pair of old doors

The yellow doors add to the sunny feel of this airy entry way

Apple green makes these old door pop and highlight the architecture of the building

Cap off a Barbie Pink door with the perfect finishing touch of a crystal door knob!

And if committing to the whole door is just too much for you, consider Martha Stewart's trick
paint the edge of the door in a pop of color to compliment your home's color scheme. This is a great way to add a bright bold color that you might not use otherwise.


No comments: