Monday, May 16, 2011

Not your grandmother's mauve...

I have a new favorite toy...Colorstrology by Michele Bernhardt- she has taken 366 Pantone colors and assigned them to a day and for each day she gives the meaning of the color and tells what that color means about and for you if that should be your birthday... hooky- yes of course it is but I love the idea- way better than astrology!
So I flipped to today to give it a whirl... May 16th color 16-1806 Woodrose. 
Exciting
Captivating
Provocative
- yes those are the descriptors of this purplish shade of mauve... and I actually really like this color!
Wisteria has this great dhurrie on sale- what a great springtime rug to throw down and lighten things up!

it also makes a surprisingly chic backdrop for neutral uphostery 

the hint of pink makes it a romantic choice for accessories


The actual Hawaiian woodrose is a bit more purple than it's Pantone namesake

toned down in a light hue on the walls is soft and elegant

Loreal makes a woodrose eye palette that is perfect for all those brown eyed girls like myself

Teamed with purple this demure color is sexy and sophisticated and surprisingly fresh

Paired with grey it pops purple

paired with more creamy whites and it goes a bit more pink

Regardless- this isn't your grandmother's mauve and you shouldn't be afraid of it- and hey if today's your birthday: "wearing, meditating or surrounding yourself with the color Woodrose heightens your spiritual awareness and connects you to a higher purpose" 

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Hey Charlotte! I really enjoy your blog :) Patrick and I are working on fixing up our old farm house and I love looking at your ideas.....now if I can just get him to agree to a mauve couch....