Tuesday, July 12, 2011

no one can love you quite like a sister...

or embarrass you quite like a sister can. I love my sister, my big older sister (she has a complex about being the BIG sister- but she is taller than me...) she is my best friend in the whole world and even after 31 years I still look up to her as if she hung the moon. However, my wonderful sister has recently gotten it in her mind that embarrassing me shall be her new summer game...

 Not being the type to just take things lying down- I feel as though I will go ahead and make a preemptive move- I have no shame...
I am a 31 year old American that has never eaten a hamburger- I'm not a vegetarian...I was a picky kid and now it is just a matter of principal.

This is my idea of camping...

I am a huge nerd about light bulbs...but really it can be handy to know what kind of light is most flattering and most energy efficient- I mean really it is just good sense to know these things!

I love The Office and still frequently use "that's what she said" as a come back line.. and yes- I am an even bigger nerd that I have the floorplan to the Dunder Mifflan office- I am aware of that!

I have a thing about bath tubs... I love them!
need I reference the previous embarrassing bathtub posting???
Oh well- this could be the beginning of a war so if you missed it here it is again

I sometimes play with my food...opps! sorry sissy that embarrasses you not me- remember???

I have a mild severe obsession with the color pink, however I have learned to love my birthday color of Golden Apricot...

I can be quite the snob about flowers... I love flowers but HATE baby's breath- it is just a filler flower!

I have wasted hours of my life flinging little birdies at piggies...

I still love Disney Princesses and I still believe in happy endings and fairy godmothers
I indulge in bad television...from teenage dramas to soap operas...
I think sweet tea is the only kind of tea there should be! and no one does it better than Bojangles- I don't care what you people up here say about Popeyes- I'm a Bojangles kinda girl! and yes- I do have a passionate opinion on the matter!
there is a very real part of me that thinks I would have probably done better in the 1950s... after all owning 2 sewing machines was much more of a status symbol back then than it is now...


                                                                                                                                                                    So my dearest sister- bring it on! You are the one that taught be to be brave and bold and to always be proud of myself and to stand up for what I believe in and for that I will always be grateful...but I warn you, if you want to start the embarrassment war- you also taught me how be scrappy and how to push your buttons right back!
But no matter if you do succeed (or even if you just embarrass yourself in the process) you will always be my BIG older sister and I will love you no matter what!















No comments: