Tuesday, July 12, 2011

No matter how busy you may think you are...

"No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance" -Confucius

I fully admit- I am a Kindle user...I love it- it is so light, fits in my back pocket- really it rules. But I do love books- the ones I love I read over and over again. I had kind of forgotten the romance of a good book till a rather charming young man put one in my hands as I was headed out of town for the 4th of July holiday... I love the way a book can speak to you in subtle ways - the page that is worn more than others or the page that the book falls open to because of the spine being cracked... So after a few days of taking up residence in the hammock and reading an actual book it is making me question my beloved techie gadget a little...
 
Few things make as lovely a backdrop to a room as a bookshelf full of stories and memories...

merchandise your shelves with art and artifacts that compliment your favorite tales

or choose your own unique method of arranging them!


Books are a universal item- they go with any style house and any type of decor from sleek and modern to cozy and traditional





stack up your favorites on your coffee table- they not only say quite a bit about you but make for wonderful conversation starters...

have trouble sleeping? surround yourself with old classics- it worked in high school for putting you to sleep...

Books can serve as your pop of color of color in a neutral room
lining the walls of hallways with shelving is a great way to get some use out of an otherwise often over looked area. Plus I love the juxtaposition of hanging artwork on the shelves too...
and unless you have a super extensive wine collection what other thing can you collect that would warrant installing a motorized harness in your home??

I love this idea of using books as wall art!

Little windows on the spines of old classics take me right back to childhood and The Indian in the Cupboard...can you imagine the wonder on a child's face if they spied these books on a shelf...

Not quite sure what you do if you  if you want to read one of those books but I love that this coffee table was constructed of books!

For the couple that shares a book loving passion this display was the perfect backdrop for their wedding festivities


And for those of you who are determined to make the 100% shift to the Kindle way of life there is still a little something for you to help show your love of other's words...

Bookshelf wallpaper! 


So....

DLR-thank you for reminding me...



No comments: